Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Cheese is Amazing

Why is cheese is so delicious?  Answers.com says:  "because it is... cheese is nothing short of amazing so don't ask why, just enjoy."  I think that is the perfect answer!  Cheese is amazing....so many different tastes, textures and smells.  I just love it. 


When I first decided to "Go Veg", I thought I would drop at least 5 pounds.  But, I realized that I was exchanging cheese for meat.  I have decided that I will TRY to eat cheese only once a day (my favorite afternoon snack is string cheese and an apple) and our dinners will only have cheese in them 2-3 times a week.  It takes a little more planning, but we are doing pretty well. 

Last night's dinner was perfection - GRILLED CHEESE!  We used sourdough bread, sharp cheddar and Dubliner Cheese.  We each choose our toppings.  Two of The Apron Strings had cheese only!  The adventerous third Apron String had peppers, spinach, avocado and garlic powder. 


Dubliner Cheese is one of our FAVORITE cheeses, ever! 

Per the Cabery website - http://www.carbery.com/ :
"Dubliner is a delicious award-winning Irish cheese made to a traditional recipe. One of Carbery’s flagship products, it has a distinctive flavour and a firm, close and slightly dry texture. Smooth to the palate, it leaves a gentle, sweet, lingering aftertaste. Dubliner is ideal as a tasty snack straight from the fridge, but many people also use it as an ingredient in their own cooking."

So....ENJOY CHEESE....in moderation....if you have too!


No comments:

Post a Comment