Thursday, April 28, 2011

Broccoli and Tofu Stir-fry in a Peanut Sauce with White/Brown Rice
















Original Recipe Yield 6-8 servings

 

Ingredients

  • 1 tsp vegetable oil
  • 3-4 heads of Broccoli, chopped
  • 2-4 Carrots, sliced
  • 1-2 Bell Peppers, sliced
  • Crispy Fried Tofu (see recipe)
  • Peanut Sauce (see recipe)
  • ¼ cup whole peanuts
  • 1- 2 cups cooked white rice
  • 1-2 cups cooked brown rice

Directions

  1. In a large skillet or wok, heat oil over medium heat and stir-fry vegetables until tender.
  2. Add peanuts, Crispy Fried Tofu and Peanut Sauce to vegetable stir-fry.  Cook and stir until well coated with sauce.
  3. Serve over white/brown rice.



Crispy Fried Tofu

Ingredients

  • 2 blocks of extra firm tofu
  • 5 tbsp of flour
  • 3 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp each of salt and pepper
  • 4-6 tbsp olive oil

Directions

  1. Slice tofu into cubes, approx. ½ inch
  2. Combine all dry ingredients with tofu cubes and gently toss to coat well.
  3. In a large skillet or wok, heat oil over medium heat and add coated tofu cubes.  Turn occasionally until golden and crispy, approx. 4-6 minutes.


Peanut Sauce

Ingredients

  • 4 tbsp smooth peanut butter
  • 2 tsp soy sauce
  • 2 tsp garlic powder or 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 2 tsp brown sugar
  • Juice of ½ lemon
  • ½ cup of water

Directions

  1. In a saucepan, combine all ingredients. 
  2. Stir constantly over medium heat until smooth; be cautious not to burn sauce.
  3. Use more water if needed for desired consistency.

1 comment:

  1. This is the recipe that I've been wanted. Thanks for sharing this here and I hope that I can cook it perfect by following your steps. I have a stir fried chicken here and I will serve this on my table when there was an occasion on my place.

    ReplyDelete