Monday, April 25, 2011

Vegetarian - to be or not to be?


So, I announced to everyone about 3 months ago that our family is now vegetarian and you would have thought I told them we were selling everything we owned and joining a commune.  People just can't understand how you can survive without meat in your diet.  People I know are constantly asking "What do you eat?" or saying "Good Luck with that!".  It makes me even more determined to find fantastic vegetarian recipes. 

The only time I find it diffiuclt to be a vegetarian, is when we choose to eat in a restaurant.  My BVGF (bestest-veggie-girlie-friend) and I went to lunch the other day and we were both looked at the menu and laughed.  "I'll have the mozzarella sandwich with pesto and a slice of tomato."  REALLY, is that all the restaurants can come up with?  Seriously, they are so many delicious foods to eat and meals to create.

The other day, my youngest sister came to visit and brought me a freezer full of meat!   My boys still eat a little meat, so I guess I would rather have them eat what she brought.  (She and her husband raised the animals and butchered them.)  But, on the other hand, it just goes to show you that people can't wrap their heads around the idea that you don't have to eat meat to exist.  I will confess, I did try a bite of the sausage and bacon she brought.  Now, while it was delicious, I just didn't have a desire to eat it.  I feel better, lighter and healthier without meat in my diet.  My skin is actually glowing these days. 

The answer to the question for me and my family is....TO BE!

So, grab your apron and make a FABULOUS non-mozzarella cheese, pesto and tomato dish!  Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment