Thursday, February 17, 2011

Wacky Wednesday - Hashbrown Casserole and Apple Muffins

Well....this is a do-over.  I will make it again next Wacky Wednesday - Breakfast for Dinner.  I spoke with my Chef Consultant, my husband who has a culinary degree and until recently did MOST of the cooking, and he gave me a few pointers.  He was shocked when I asked for his opinion.  ANYWAY, I need to add more sugar to the Apple Muffins and need to put the potatoes directly into the water after I shred them.  The potatoes turned grey when I cooked them.  Not super appealing to look at, but still tasted very good.  I think I may add some pureed cauliflower to the egg mixture....this meal definitely needed a veggie added to it. 
The Apron Strings all gave it a thumbs up - Missy said 6 thumbs up.  I love when the kiddos LOVE what we cook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment